twitter! facebook! instagram! Image Map

Monday, January 7, 2013

Sherwaynne's Birth Story

My little boy was out on the 04thJanuary2013, 0806am, A very special present that my late brother gave to us :)

Sherwaynne Tan En Ci's Birth Story

It's Friday! Like usual, I went for work in the morning & took half day for check up in the afternoon. Left office at around 1pm then to went to have a haircut, after hair cut took the train alone to Little India then walked t Kkh... Got my queue number and then waited fr doc to call me at the clinic~ 



Normal routine check up, and told doctor about my pains & what I'm uncomfortable with. Doctor wanted t check about my discharge problems, but in the end she told me my waterbag was already broken & I'm already 2-2.5cm dilated! Sucha shocking news for me, I almost wanted to cry. Was so worried about premmie baby as I'm only in my 35 weeks & 6 days pregnancy. Doc arranged me over straight to labour ward. While waiting for beds avl, called Yl & rush him down, then Mummy to tell her. Cried many times cause I was so damn worried & scared! Really very thankful for those who actually tried to call me up, whatsapp, twitter & fb message me encouraging me to add more oil! Very very greatly appreciated!

Time check, 3.45pm.
Finally, there's avl beds in the labour ward.. Changed into the white thick suit then put onto the CTG straps to monitor contractions & baby's heartbeat.....



That's me, in the labour ward, still with make up on...... lol






Doc didn't came till 5pm they decided to start on drip to slowly induce baby out, as my water bag already leaked for 1-2 days already, doc scared that there might be virus/infection for bb inside so they insert Anti Biotic too... Thanks to the new doctor that actually tried to poke me thousands of time thru that only hole on my left hand because she already found my vain but didn't manage to poke real inside.. Till it's already swelling but she tried to poke another hole on the same hand again! Failed again thou, so freaking painful!!! Until the senior doc came t advise her on how to do it, and in the end the senior doc poke onto the right hand, 1 poke and it's in! Tsk  tsk... How many blood have I lost already... till I feel really dizzy.. 









 Ok, enough of bloody pics~
Yl finally came! Saw him, and I burst out crying because both my hands are bleeding non stop & it's so painful T.T

Doc checked around 9pm and I'm only 4cm dilated... No sign of labour at all..... All the way till the next check which is 12mn, and I'm still stuck in between 4-5cm dilated! Arghhhhhhhh, this is so damn slow.. 
Contraction machine shows that I'm having irruglar contractions so the keep increasing the medician to make it regular.. All the way till 4mn the next check, my contraction became more regular & stronger (shows in the machine) but I'm still stuck at 5cm & the nurses even says that I'm very good in enduring the pain! :p

7.32am, the next check w doc, doc actually broke my water bag without telling me! OMGGGGGGG, the pain is................. so undiscrabtable........ And I'm 6cm dilated!~
Slowly...... And maybe finally..... My real contraction pain came...... NO, no epidural, no epidural. This is what I always tell myself, NO, no injection, no nothing! 
NO, I didn't shout at all! Kept on complaing pain to Yl & he just keep telling me to endure, because baby is coming out, real real soon..
Nurses came in to adjust my CTG, and I still got nagged cause I always move around for the whole night and the machine can't detect baby's heartbeat & contractions properly..... Naggy nurse there until she saw my face and she shouted "Want to poo poo already izzit?!!!!!" 
And I finally shouted a very loud one " YESSSSS, My baby aka poo poo is coming out!!!!!!!!!" 
Nurses & midwifes all got so panic & came to check again, I'm 8cm dilated only, but I already started to push myself LOL
Both my midwifes haven got ready but kept shouting guiding me what t do while they prepare & they agreed to push for me already. Same like usual, Yl holding onto my head & asking me to look downwards, and me holding onto my own legs & PUSH! Midwifes & Yl keep encouraging me to push harder & harder, telling me that baby is really coming out~ Pushed around 9 mins & 1 of my midwife told me she's not going to cut me if I can push harder! What a good motivated midwife I have! After 10-15 mins of pushing, Baby is out! Yes, I manage to do it without epidural & best of all without cutting & stitching! You guys must be really curious how did I mange not to cut. But what I can say is, I'm really thankful & greatful I have sucha great midwife on that day, a very lucky me got into her shift. She's really exprienced & good at helping t birth.. I'm really speechless & so thankful towards her.. It's her who manage to let me give birth so fast, easily..




The awesome midwife I have!









No, second birth is really alot easier for me, because I've learn how to push on the first, and ofcause it's faster as in the pain I've gone thru I can say.. :)

First meal after 15 hours of labour.......

Rest there till around noon 1pm+, waited so damn long for the beds avl but in the end only C ward avl.. And moved there, wanted t see didi but sadly they told me 2hrs ago he was actually here in the ward, after that they found out that he actually have some breathing problems.. So they transferred him over to NICU :'(
Mummy, Yl & Enqi came around 3pm and wanted to visit Didi but the visiting timing for NICU is 12-2 & 6-8 only.. But mummy have to rush back at 5pm so accompanied them to have lunch downstairs then up to my ward to rest after mummy & enqi left.. Chatted w Yl for very long.. Until the next visiting time t visit Didi, very happy me walked very very fast t NICU but sadly Didi is on the Oxygen Gas thing, and I really can't help but to break down and burst into tears..... So poor thing.. He have t be on drip, on extra oxygen gas, on tube, on medication at sucha young age.....







 


On the second day, I can be discharged.. As usual I will visit Didi on the visiting time.. 
2nd day, didi is getting better! The extra oxygen helper can be removed! But drips, medications & tube is still on! On a happier note is that he can start on milk by the tube already! Finally, I can carry him again & he even opened his eyes!















Cabbed home w mummy & enqi after lunch to rest awhile before coming again to visit didi..
 
 











 Sooooo alike his jiejie right? :D

On the third day, me & yl went back there t visit on Didi & they started to bottle feed him and it's a sucess! He's milk increased to from 5ml to 26ml within the night! So happy that he's actually recovering day by day..... And he's off the tube! (the tube that they used to inject milk in if he can't suck by himself)
Yl carried Didi for the very very first time & me feeding didi milk for the first time too! So happy so happy!



















Cannot stop laughing at didi's double chin hahahahaha





And today, the 4th day I will be visiting Didi myself & passing them enough EBM t feed Didi. Can't wait for him to be discharged!


Didi came out to this world on 04 01 13, 0806am. Weighing at 2618grams & 49cm tall.

My whole family got really happy about it because it's my late brother's birthday! Yes, very very coincidence.. Didi decided to come out only after the clock pass 12mn which is 4th!
Although my bro is already no longer with us, we can't celebrate his birthday anymore with him, but now, we can really celebrate Didi's birthday instead... Really very thankful bro... I miss you very much.. See you on the next coming visit <3 span="span">
 

No comments:

Post a Comment